Ziti is a modern, programmable network overlay with associated edge components, for application-embedded, zero trust network connectivity, written by developers for developers. Ziti allows developers to take control of networking while with secure connectivity and advanced security concepts such as Zero Trust.
The Ziti Edge implements the application-embedded connectivity and zero trust components of the Ziti ecosystem.
The CodeSee Map below is a good way to get familiar with the Ziti codebase:
Currently seekingDevelopersTechnical WritersTesters
Most contributors are in America
Mentorship & pairing available
Features code maps
The Ziti project welcomes contributions including, but not limited to, code, documentation and bug reports.
- All Ziti code is found on Github under the OpenZiti organization.
- ziti: top level project which builds all Ziti executables
- edge: edge components and model which includes identity, polices and config
- fabric: fabric project which includes core controller and router
- foundation: project which contains library code used across multiple projects
- [ziti-sdk-c] (https://github.com/openziti/ziti-sdk-c): C SDK
- [ziti-sdk-csharp] (https://github.com/openziti/ziti-sdk-csharp): C# SDK
- [ziti-sdk-jvm] (https://github.com/openziti/ziti-sdk-jvm): SDK for JVM based languages
- [ziti-sdk-swift] (https://github.com/openziti/ziti-sdk-swift): Swift SDK
- [ziti-sdk-nodejs] (https://github.com/openziti/ziti-sdk-nodejs): NodeJS SDK
- [ziti-sdk-js] (https://github.com/openziti/ziti-sdk-js): JS SDK
- [sdk-golang] (https://github.com/openziti/sdk-golang): Go SDK
- A Discourse forum is available
Ziti was developed and open sourced by NetFoundry, Inc. NetFoundry continues to fund and contribute to Ziti.